TEMPERATURE CONTROLS PTY LTD CAPABILITY STATEMENT
Temperature Controls Pty Ltd was established in 1988 in Sydney, Australia, and is an independent, management-owned manufacturing company employing 41 people in Australia. We specialise in the production of temperature and level sensors for all industries and applications, and have the largest capacity of any company in Australia manufacturing temperature sensors.
Temperature Controls is a Quality Endorsed company certified to ISO9001: 2015 with third party approval by SAI Global. A number of customers in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Medical industries with critical processes have conducted 2nd Party audits of our systems, traceability and production processes to ensure Temperature Controls maintain Approved Supplier status.
Temperature Controls maintain Australia’s largest stock of thermocouples, RTD Sensors, thermowells, liquid level switches, and extension cables in single, multi-pair and steel wired armour configuration. In 2006, we became the first Australian manufacturer to have thermocouples and RTD sensors IECEx approved for use in Hazardous Areas: Ex d Flameproof, Ex e Increased Safety, and Ex tD for use in combustible dust.
The supply of CAD drawings for custom-built assemblies are available to download, along with more than 2000 standard Sales Drawings, from our website:www.temperature.com.au. For online sales the company has www.temperatureshop.com.au which offers a comprehensive range of ex stock components and assemblies for same day dispatch.
We are unique in the Australian market: we manufacture thermowells and fittings in-house using centre lathes, CNC lathes and gun-drilling machinery.
Temperature Controls Pty Ltd are the Australian agents for the following international instrumentation brands:
- Shinko digital temperature controllers
- ISOTECH® calibration equipment
- AOIP Process Calibrators
- Marlin Instrumentation connectors
- INOR DIN rail & head mount transmitters
- Novus electronic thermostats & loggers
- Nokeval wireles modules
- Tempol temperature indicating labels, paints & crayons
- Optris® infrared thermometers
- Drago signal converters
- Grant data loggers
- Dostmann precision indicators
Offices for Temperature Controls are located in Sydney (Head Office), Melbourne, and Brisbane.
The Sefton facility in Sydney's south west is a modern, well-equipped factory, where design, manufacture, machining, mechanical assembly, and testing of components is carried out to customer’s specifications and requirements. The majority of stock is maintained at Sefton along with calibration equipment for use from -20 to +1200°C.
The Yarraville premises in Melbourne's inner west maintain a stock range as per our catalogue and raw material for limited production of temperature assemblies. We have specialised equipment at our Sydney and Melbourne sites to perform precision machining, welding, and repetition work.
Our Brisbane office opened in 2012 in Archerfield and maintains a stock range as per our catalogue. We provide technical support and a Queensland-based customer service from this office.
Temperature Controls are members of the Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation Australia (IICA) and exhibit at all of the technology expo's held around the industrial centres of Australia (13-15 expo's per year).
Recent Projects include:
- APA Group Dalby and Euroa
- Arrow Energy
- Australian Submarine Corporation
- BHP Billiton Olympic Dam
- Bluescope Steel Blast Furnace Reline
- BOC Gases – Sydney and NZ
- BP Refinery – QLD
- Carbon Energy
- Clean Fuels Project – Shell, Geelong
- Clean Fuels Project – Shell, Granville
- Clean Fuels Project – Caltex, Kurnell
- Clean Fuels Project – Caltex, Lytton
- Dyno Nobel
- Energy Developments
- Energy Resources – Jabiru
- Linc Energy
- Methanex – NZ
- Minara Nickel Plant
- Orica – Yarwun
- Origin Energy
- Qenos – Sydney and Melbourne
- QER Shale Oil – QLD
- QLD Nitrates
- Queensland Nickel production sensors
- Rio Tinto – Yarwun
- Sino Iron Ore Project Power Plant, Cape Preston (via Dampier)
- Sun Metals Zinc Project
- Worsley Refinery – Collie, WA
Thermocouples and RTD Sensors:
- MIMS thermocouples 0.5mm dia to 12.7mm dia assemblies with sheath materials of Inconel® 600 and 316, or 310 grade stainless steel.
- Ceramic thermocouples for use in high temperature furnaces with either base metal or noble metal (Platinum and Rhodium) elements for temperatures up to 1800°C.
- Ceramic Sheaths in Alumina and Dimulit® (Pythagoras) grades.
- Transmitters in head.
- Hazardous Area sensors certified Ex d, Ex e, or Ex tD with IECEx Approval.
- Bar Stock thermowells with a maximum overall length of 1200mm – screwed or flanged connection.
- Drilled-on dedicated gun-drilling machine.
- Full penetration welding.
- Welding to meet the requirements of ASME IX.
Available materials include:
- 316, 321, or 304 stainless steel
- Hastelloy® B or C
- Monel® 400
- SAF 2205 or SAF 2207
- 253MA Sandvik® Alloy
- Inconel® 600, 601 or 800
- Titanium Gr 2 or Gr 12
- UMCO 50 cobalt alloy
Quality Assurance Available:
- X Ray of welds
- Positive material identification
- Ultra Sonic testing of bore concentricity
- Internal and external hydrostatic pressure testing
- Material certificates for bar and flange
- Wake frequency calculations as per ASME PTC 19.3
- Cleaned for oxygen use
- Coil and element certificates for thermocouple and RTD Sensors
- Calibration of temperature probes and transmitters with traceable equipment
- Maintain large stocks of multi-pair cables in Type K, J, T, and N, along with Served Wire Armour (SWA) cable in single and multi-pair configurations.
- Thermocouple cables of all insulation material, PVC, Teflon, Fibreglass and Kapton® stocked in all thermocouple types.
- Special limits cable with certificates of calibration.
- CNC lathe
- Gun-drill machine capacity 1/8” to 25mm Ø x 1100mm
- Centre lathes x 8
- Milling machines, gearhead drills
- TIG welders x 8 to 300 Amp
- Micro plasma welding from 1 amp to 50 Amp
- MIG welding to 200 Amp
- Cable cutting equipment
- Hydraulic testing of thermowells
- Drying ovens
- Laser engraving
- Clean room
- certified process calibrators
- certified thermocouples/RTD sensors
- infrared calibrator
- Dry block calibrators
- Wet calibration baths
- Furnaces to 1200°C
- Phillip Lonsdale Managing Director
- Joe Pelzmann National Sales Manager
- John Rigby Victorian Sales Manager
- Colin De Cruz Queensland Sales Manager
- John Gordon Production Manager
- Luise Lonsdale Finance
- Alana Molloy Quality Manager